Sunday, June 2, 2013

DIY: Lip Scrub!

Hey lovely readers!
I got a sudden wave of inspiration and I surfed it like a pro. I got inspired by the oh-so-irresistible brand of home-made cosmetics, LUSH. Now we sadly don't have LUSH here in Bahrain -although I must admit the country's importing variety is quiet good!- but I'm quiet familiar with the brand thanks to endless raves about it's products on YouTube and Tumblr and today I took a particular interest in it's Lip Scrubs. Now the only form of exfoliation I offer my lips is the classic wet lip brush swirl, and then it occurred to me! Why don't I attempt making my own lip scrub, and attempt to make my own lip scrub I did. And it was a success!
For example the Bubblegum scrub (by LUSH) consists of Castor sugar (sucrose), organic Jojoba Oil, (some long substance), flavor, and coloring. I did some research and found that most lip scrubs(including LUSH's) consist of the same things just with different twists.
Here's what I used in the making of my lip scrubs: Mermaid Snot (dark turquoise) and Mango Transo (Orange-ish yellow) I followed the same steps in the making of both of them just changed the food coloring that I added to each one..

  • You will need: -Various colors of food coloring. -Brown or Castor sugar. -a bowl. -spoons (2+) -Vanilla or preferred flavor's extract. -containers (quantity depending on how many batches you make) - Oil (preferably Jojoba but I used Carolina) 
  • First step: Add to the bowl 3 table spoons of sugar.

  • Second step: Add around 2 teaspoons or one lid( if small) of oil and 3 drops of your extract. Do add to your convenience. 

  • Third and final step: Add food coloring to the mixture and pour into container! 

    You'll end up with a pretty result that looks like this:


You can make all sorts of various color/flavor combos! I used blue tasteless color and yellow mango color! 

 There you have it guys, how to make your own lip scrub! Who needs LUSH? Not me psshht.
3 more exams and summer officially begins! Stay pretty x
P.S I would usually take photos outside with better photography but I came home after the sun had set. Sorry! x
If you do try this, let me know how it works out.
 Like this post? Tell me down below!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home