Friday, May 24, 2013

Tropicandillustra3D:My Latest Inspirations


Hey lovely lots!
I just wanted to share a few things that have been inspiring me lately.

  • Traditional-  Raised an Arab, living life like an Arab, getting inspired by Arabs. Everything about my surroundings in my own country Bahrain and surrounding countries has been inspiring me lately. From the traditional fabrics  grandma's wear to the coffee cups we drink from to the architecture surrounding our homes to how most older women dress. The whole package. 
  • Can you say tropical?- I am certain I'm not the only one taking mounts of inspiration from the latest fruit and leaf frenzy going on. This all started with TopShop when I stumbled upon their Banana Leaf Print Tee and Scallop Hem Shorts then it escalated to their Petite Banana Scoop Back Dress to their bralet crop tops and leggings then to the omighty pineapple pencil skirt and now everything related to leaves and fruits gives me major waves of inspiration. sweet-21.jpg
  • I want candy *Cara continues to sing*- We all love lonely valentine nights with tons of candy hearts spread around our beds along side some chocolates, candles and maybe a good series, but what we- I- love even more is the recent craze about illustrated candy hearts with statements like f*ck off and lick me and all that jazz. I actually incorporated some candy heart illustrations into my English assignment a couple of weeks ago, proving how much of an inspiration and obsession they've become. One Direction's Harry Styles and get jobs sign
  • 3D- Now I'm not expert on drawing, but I do try my best to  build up on what I know and add new things to my minimum skills and knowledge. And right now I'm going through a optical illusions and 3D figures stage. Things like the irrational cube (which I've mastered high five!) and three dimensional ovals and the impossible Penrose rectangle seem to always be floating around in my head somewhere  Actually stored as memories in my brain cells to be exact but you get what I mean. 
  • Illustrations- Now I am absolutely head over heels when it comes to illustrations. I scroll illustrations on Tumblr for hours in my spare time. And of course they send me heaps of inspiration -and depression because I have no clue how to illustrate- on a regular basis!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            That's it lovelies! Five things that currently inspire me! I sure do wonder what inspires you guys reading my blog! Do let me know in the comments below! Oh and the only reason I do tend to post inspiration posts more frequently compared to other kind of posts is because they're just a great way to keep everyone up to date with my current interests and likings! Plus it's a good way of keep track of how a person's taste and style is evolving with time! Exams start this Monday! Stay pretty. 
Got any beauty/fashion/personal questions? Ask here 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home